Monday, January 14, 2008

Fantastic Griddle!

So as most of you know...we are no supposed to have an electrical appliances in the dorm. However, my roommate and I have grown up in a home where we loved to cook a nice, warm and extremely tasty breakfast. So what did we do? We went to Waly-World (Wal-Mart) And bought a slick, wide surfaced griddle. Now with this new addition to our lovely home, we began to explore the amazing world recipes for various breakfast items such as; sweet French toast, warm, cheesy omelets and even the occasional strip of salty bacon. We found that by purchasing items at the DT creamery with our dinning plus cards, and cooking the breakfast ourselves, we were actually saving money AND starting our day with much better sustenance. Needless to say, purchasing that griddle has been one of the best buys my roommate and I have made. There is nothing like having the smell of French toast wake you in the morning; At least, not for this kid.

4 comments:

head chef said...

For some reason breakfast smells are some of the very best. While I don't condone breaking the rules I'm glad that you are eating a good hot breakfast.

Sara said...

I know I probably shouldn’t be, but I’m intrigued. Goodness knows I’m all about skullduggery and ‘sticking it to the man’, but doesn’t cooking in your room cause a bit of a mess? And cooking bacon is hardly discreet. Your RA seriously hasn’t caught on yet? How do you do it? I’m insatiable curious now.

Ashley S said...

Feel free to cook something up for me! Breakfast foods are my fav, for real. So, when would work the best for this review project? I'm leaving tomorrow around 12:30 in the afternoon and I'll be back by Monday. I can do it monday afternoon (between 12 noon and like 2:30), tuesday nights after like 5, and wednesdays between 4 and 5:30. I'm sorry my schedule is kinda tight, but with 18 credits you do the best you can. If y'all have to do it without me, thats cool, but I don't know if its allowed? Anyways, lets get something together soon.

Hubble said...

Breakfast is the best meal of the day! I don't eat it that often, but I probably should. That's awesome that you're breaking the rules to get a nice breakfast. It's definitely worth it. There's nothing like having pancakes, eggs, and bacon to get your day started.