Wednesday, April 23, 2008

French bread, common in stores? I think not!

It was 1:30 p.m. this wonderful wednesday afternoon and I went out to lunch with a few friends. I knew that I have to pick up a few loafs of French bread for class today for our groups final presentation and I just figured I could pick them up at any local grocery store. WRONG!

After eating a huge triple cheese burger at The Training Table, I proceed to go to several stores and each time when I asked if they had French bread, the workers there would look at me in utter bewilderment; like I was asking for fried octopus.

Finally I went to Abertson's and asked the same question for the 4th time. At this point it was 2:00, the time the syllabus said was when our final would start. I was kinda panicking. Then to my great disappointment, the teller looked at me again with the same bewilderment. "What is going on here," I thought, "When did every store in Utah decide to get rid of French bread and only carry white or wheat?"

Then I realized why I was receiving such an odd look, I was standing right next to a 4 foot sign that read, "FRENCH BREAD" in great big, bold letters.....yeah I felt stupid. But in the end I got the two loafs, raced back to my dorm to get my final paper, and booked it to our room in the JKB in record time.

Once inside, I realized everyone was there...except my professor. I was not late at all, class didn't start till 2:30. Fun stuff.

No comments: